SEASON 4 IS ON THE WAY!

"...these loaves that I will share with you, were baked with love, and what I know so far. I'm a firm believer that we are what we eat, and I pray the bread I share here with you, will nourish and encourage you".

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

SHINING STAR

What does it mean to be a shining star? I recently had the opportunity to bask in the light of just such a person. There are shining stars among us, and our recognition of them not only helps them to shine brighter, but helps us to see more clearly our own possibilities. The shining star to which I’m referring is a young woman by the name of Lauren. Only seventeen but with a light that shown so bright, it was blinding.

My dear Lauren, this one’s for you and every other Shining Star.
What does it mean to be a shining star? We’ve often heard of rising stars. Would then, a shining star mean one who has risen? Rising stars are usually people from whom much has been seen and from whom much is expected. But what of a shining star?

Could you be one? Not sure, then let us check the definition so as to be correct. The word Shining is as defined: conspicuously excellent and admirable. And the word Star: a shining example to all. Outstanding, being very or most important, skillful, or successful. Okay that’s just some of what the dictionary had to say, let’s continue our investigation of shining stars...
Loving music as I do and it’s ability to give language to our feelings, I see that “Earth Wind & Fire” says “You're a shining star, No matter who you are, shining bright to see, what you could truly be” And you know what, I would be inclined to agree with them. But I’m not alone. The Manhattans also said “Honey you are my shining star & don’t you go away” And then they ask a very important question, “Don't you realize how you hypnotize” Seems to me that everyone knows that you are a shining star, everyone except you. Turn your light on, for Matthew 5:14-16 states "You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. {15} "Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lamp-stand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. {16} "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.

So you see, we are each and everyone one of us are Shining Stars, with blinding lights so bright. But we are, many of us are hiding our lights under baskets. Many of us feel that our lights, if we ever had them, have long sense gone out.

I know a woman who is very talented, more so than she realizes or takes credit for. Now she is, in my opinion, not feigning modesty, she really doesn’t get it. In other words, she is playing small, hiding her light. Now one might say, what’s the difference? Whether or not someone lets their light shine is personal.Well in this woman’s case, because she is not shining her light she is living in darkness and she is raising children in the dark.

I offer that we are obligated to let our lights shine. I believe that we are given what we have, our gifts, our talents, our lives to be a blessing to the world we live in. Also I believe that by allowing our lights to shine we illuminate the way for others to follow. And how, you might ask. How do I let my light shine? It’s really quite simple. Just be the best of yourself. Show up in your life and do what you love. Just answer the calls of your heart. Dare to dream and then follow them. Just know that according to the words of many you are already a “Shining Star”!

And so, this is what I know so far;
Someone may be in the kind of darkness where only your light can be seen. Ignite your light and let it shine!

7 comments:

  1. Listen to the song Shining star but the Manhattan s

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the pretty article, Cassandra.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so what does a shining star mean?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ⭐️Thank you Cassandra for expressing the meaning of shining star. I came upon this because I was called a shining star and looked it up.
    Now, you have inspired me to be more intentional by sharing my light with others. Many blessings to you.⭐️

    ReplyDelete

The ALL NEW Cassandra McShepard.com!

The ALL NEW Cassandra McShepard.com!
It's finally here- The ALL NEW CassandraMcShepard.com- click ENTER to visit!

IN CELEBRATION!

IN CELEBRATION!
Cassandra takes center stage at The Marcus Center For The Performing Arts to sing the National Anthem, at the 2010 Birthday Celebration for Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.